Samoa Coconut Loaf - SAMOA PLANET
I love to use coconut in my baking, but sometimes I’m too busy or tired (or lazy!) to climb a coconut tree, husk a popo and grate it. So I was excited to see that Women in Business in Samoa has a new product on the market, Fresh Dried Coconut, available in 250g bags. When you buy from WIBDI, you not only are getting the best local produce but you are also supporting small business in Samoa. A double win! To celebrate that, here’s my favorite recipe for yummy coconut loaf, sourced from Taste of Home.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-1/4 cups coconut
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in coconut.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
- To order your coconut from WIBDI, click on this link ORDER YOUR WIBDI BASKET. Also check out their list of organic vegies while you’re there. They deliver too!
Posted: Tue 27 Feb 2018